If the buttons on your remote are not responding, try resetting the receiver and remote control. On most DIRECTV receivers, there is a red button on the side of the receiver or inside the access card door. Press and hold the red button until the receiver restarts.
How do I reset my directv remote?
Fix DIRECTV STREAM remote control issues
Disconnect (or unpair) your remote from the DIRECTV STREAM device. Press and hold the DASH (–) and APPS buttons until you see the LED lights on the remote blink blue twice. Restart your DIRECTV STREAM device by pressing and releasing the red button on the side of the device.
Why won’t my directv remote program to my TV?
A lot of problems with remotes have to do with dead or dying batteries. Even though DIRECTV Genies should tell you on screen if the remote battery is low, sometimes that doesn’t happen. Open the back hatch on your remote and put in a pair of fresh batteries. Don’t worry, the remote won’t lose its programming.
How do you get your directv remote to work?
Program remote for your HDTV or audio device
- Point the remote at your Genie HD DVR, Genie Mini, or Wireless Genie Mini.
- Press and hold the MUTE and ENTER buttons. …
- When the TV screen displays Applying IR/RF setup, you are in RF mode and ready to program the remote.
- Power on the device you want your remote to control.
How do I reconnect my DirecTV remote to my box?
Make sure your remote is paired with your receiver.
- Point the remote at your Genie, Genie Mini, or Wireless Genie Mini.
- Press and hold MUTE and ENTER at the same time on your remote.
- The screen displays Applying IR/RF Setup. The remote is synced.
Why is my remote not working?
Remove the batteries and clean the remote control terminals with a small solution of alcohol, using a cotton bud or soft cloth, then place the batteries back into the remote control. Replace with fresh batteries. NOTES: Insert a battery consistent with the + pole and – pole according to the indication.